Hear what co-founder Deb Hubers of LaVita Compounding Pharmacy has to say about SCORE CEO Forums
What is the CEO Forum?
The leaders of growing small and mid-sized companies confront the constant challenge of “doing more” with constrained resources in the face of increasing competition. The CEO Forums were formed by SCORE San Diego to address these strategic issues in a peer group setting. Members of the Forums are passionate about improving the performance of their businesses through shared experiences and knowledge. Each CEO Forum group is comprised of 10 - 12 executives from non-competing businesses who meet monthly as an ongoing team. Meetings are held on the morning of the second Thursday of each month. The program provides time for executives to work ON their business, rather than IN their business. The venue provides an opportunity for the group to work through their specific business issues and is facilitated by two SCORE meeting leaders. These retired senior executives are from small to mid-sized businesses, as well as Fortune 500 companies, that have launched, operated, bought, and sold businesses. Periodically outside expert resource presenters will be brought in based on the group’s collective interests. The CEO Forum program will enable you to become a better leader, make better decisions and achieve better results by providing:
- Better insight into your own business as well as the economy at large, helping you to compete and excel
- New perspectives to stimulate fresh ideas about your opportunities and challenges
- Enhanced skills to facilitate ongoing learning and performance improvements
- A confidential sounding board comprised of experienced executives for both everyday and strategic decisions
What are the Criteria for Participating in a CEO Forum?
Here are the minimum requirements to participate in the program:
- You must be responsible for the full operation of a qualifying business (e.g. CEO, President, Chairman, Managing Partner, etc.)
- Your company should have been in business for at least two years
- Your company should have revenues that will reach or exceed $1,000,000 in the near future
Note: Members agree informally to participate for at least one year to ensure the continuity of the groups’ discussions. Also, individual groups will not include any competitors and each member will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement.
How Much does it Cost to Join a CEO Forum?
There is a charge of $120.00 per month. This payment covers a continental breakfast and occasional outside speaker’s fees.
How can I learn more?
If you complete and submit the Briefing Invitation Request Form, you will be invited to a luncheon briefing on the program. Note: This is considered confidential information and will be shared only if you become a member and only with your specific forum members.
What are Forum Members saying?
"Having trusted peers as an outside resource is invaluable. Many times someone who is not in the middle of dealing with your day-to-day issues can provide options you haven't thought of before."
"The Forum provides a vehicle for us to discuss sensitive issues without securing high-priced consultants. It allows us to network with great small business leaders. Their success is instructive, inspiring, and motivating".